What type of help is available?

Op Courage responds to your individual needs including:

  • Intensive medical care and treatment if you are in a crisis
  • care and treatment for anyone displaying the early signs of mental health problems
  • therapeutic treatment for more advanced mental health conditions and psychological trauma
  • helping you to access other NHS services such as eating disorder services, and ‘Improving access to psychological therapies’ (IAPT)
  • assisting with your wider health and wellbeing needs by working with charities and local organisations across housing, drug and alcohol misuse, finances and more
  • helping you to transition to civilian life by ensuring you get mental health care and support from the Defence Medical Services

How do I get help from Op Courage?

You will need to:

  • live in England and have served in the UK Armed Forces for one day
  • be registered with a GP practice in England, or be willing and eligible to register with a GP
  • provide your military service number or another form of eligibility

For more information click this PDF link or visit the website